Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Summer: Three Things To Share





There are things three I want to share this lovely summer evening:

1. I admit it. July has been a slow blogging month for me. Why? Not because I want to dismiss the blog. Trust me, I think about My Vegan Corporate Life daily!

Honestly, It’s because it’s JULY. The summer sunshine-grab-a-cup-of-vegan sorbet-and-ride-your-bike-month. The month of sundresses, flip-flops, baby showers and veggie BBQs. Summertime in Maine is brief and therefore I intend to enjoy every last second.

So, I apologize for my lack of blogging concentration. I’m not one to point fingers, but please if you’re going to blame anyone…. blame summer.

2. In regards to my previous post called something like, "One Vegan Dish Makes the Difference…Dining in Portland, Maine" I have to admit that this week I had a business dinner and recommended Emilitsa. They DO have ONE vegetarian dish that can be made vegan. And since I love green beans and potatoes and fabulous red sauce. I really enjoyed my meal. I just wanted to say Thank You Emilitsa for making my night enjoyable.

3. Lastly, since Borders is closing up shop (which actually really makes me sad, even though I understand that it's a product of the digital revolution and one word: Amazon) I went and browsed through what was left of their vegan cooking section. I ended up purchasing Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa & Terry. I can’t wait to make the Cookies n’ Crème cupcake. It looks delicious.

On a side note: Doesn't it sound like the book title "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" should have a mini evil cupcake in the bottom right of the book cover rubbing it's hands together with a bubble of evil laughter? It doesn't, but I agree completely, it most definitely should!

Thanks,
Danie

No comments:

Post a Comment