Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vegan Gifts Worth Gifting

Here are few gifts that I have received over the past week from co-workers and friends that are totally worth gifting. Thanks to those who thought of me.

1. Boojiboo Aprons on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Boojiboo

Aprons by the fax machine, what is my life?!?!

Ok, if you can ignore the bad hair, jeans and interesting make-up (I left early because I didn't feel 100%), you will see a fabulous apron that I received as a gift and decided, after I showed almost everyone in our marketing department, to wear until at least 45 minutes after unwrapping at my desk. I love it and your vegan girlfriend, or wife, or friend who loves to cook and wear fun polka dotted things would probably love it too. Other styles available of course.


  
 

Photo & Design Credit: Boojiboo

2. Crazy Rumors
http://www.crazyrumors.com/

I started using these lip balms about 3 months ago when I saw them at Whole Foods with the "Cruelty free and vegan" stamp. They're awesome. Lucky for me a co-worker also noticed their awesomeness and gifted three to me!












Design Credit: CrazyRumors.com

3. The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur 
by Kelly Peloza
http://vegancookies.wordpress.com/


The meat-eating guy that I'm seeing gave me this with a, "I bought you this because I thought you would like it and the cookies look like something I would eat." Haha. To think about what I was baking with a year ago makes me laugh...

4. Vegan with a Vengeance
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
http://www.theppk.com/


Shout out to the non-vegan VP of my department on this one. He's from New York, so I should have guessed he would stick with a vegan from Brooklyn. We don't really get each other gifts for the holidays, but this was a super nice gesture I wasn't expecting. I have Isa's and Terry Hope Romano's Veganomicon, so I'm excited to test out these new recipes.

Thanks,
Danie

2 comments:

  1. I adore the seitan from that book, as well as the seitan strogonoff. The chickpea and tomato curry is beyond divine as well. Also check out the Chili sin Carne al Mole and the Best Pumpkin Muffins. Oh, and the pancakes can't be beat and are so freakin' good it's insane. I do omit the water and use just 1 cup of soy milk for mine.

    Happy Holidays and Bon Appetit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was wondering where I should start with all the recipes…

    ReplyDelete