Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh WaterCourse! How You Made Denver Delightful: Part 1



It was stressful week - sure it was. It always is, isn’t it?

When you travel sometimes the weight of work seems to double. You counteract that fretful imbalance that’s happening at your desk with working twice as much – because although your cubicle is physically vacant, your digital e-mail is open, ready for business and acquiring new messages by the minute.

I was fluttering from one thing to the next: Airport, taxi, meeting at Starbucks, conference, and finally back to the room for a few minutes before a networking session began. That’s when I opened the door to room 721 and discovered an effeminate pink package with bakery twine tied ever so carefully (or so it appeared).

A smiled warmed my face almost instantly. My new co-worker, Julia, called the local Bakery at WaterCourse Foods and sent me mounds of vegan treats.

I honestly didn’t know what to do with myself. There were so many individual items… a chocolate chip cookie, a peanut butter bar, a single sweet potato cinnamon roll, savory biscuit, coffee cake, Ho Ho cupcake, banana chocolate cupcake, blueberry muffin, oatmeal raisin cookie and a spiad orange cupcake.

I couldn’t get through all of the baked goods in totality during my stay, but I did have a marvelous taste test party by myself.

Not only were they scrumptious, but they were bold and took charge of their flavor. As if to say, “Yes, I am a cupcake. You will like me. And oh, by the way, I’m vegan...so deal with it.” My favorite was The Scout Cookie, a concoction of heaven and Earth… I mean walnuts, coconut, cookie and drizzled vegan chocolate. 

So when you’re in Denver and need a sweet vegan treat - find your way to WaterCourse. 


For more info visit their website at watercoursefoods.com or you could go straight to the bakery store


Thanks, 
Danie

Hand-written card, sweet potato cinnamon roll, blueberry muffin, and twine.

The Ho Ho cupcake, coffee cake, spiad orange cupcake, peanut butter bar 
and the banana chocolate cupcake.

Ripple O' Fun.






Taste-A-Testing.

4 comments:

  1. Yes - they were delicious. I apologize for not bringing any back. Next time, next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a vegan corporate girl who travels frequently as well. I love going to Denver & Boulder - there are great options for us there. Next time you're in Denver, try eating at the WaterCourse Foods restaurant on 17th. It has a very hip atmosphere, and sinfully wonderful food. I will be there next week - think I'll have to swing by the bakery this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheri - Thanks for reading. I did make it to WaterCourse Foods! Based on their vegan treats I had to try their entrees and other things. I'll be posting something soon :-)

    ReplyDelete