Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tempeh Time…Lalibela Farm, ME



When it's Saturday at the Portland Farmers’ Market I’m a kid in a candy shop. It’s true. Put greens in front of me and I’m bouncing around the kitchen two hours later on a chlorophyll high trying to mastermind something tasty.


I never really thought of buying tempeh because I always hated the texture and taste. However, over the past summer I have learned to enjoy it. 


I give all credit to Lalibela Farm owner Jaime (who told me she is a vegan!) for talking me into buying my first black bean pack. She has the most amiable energy, a genuine smile and sells the most delicious tempeh I have ever tasted. Honestly, it's the only kind I buy - made in Maine and certified organic.









Visit Lalibela Farm’s website to find out where you can purchase their products, learn more about the ingredients they use, and get neat recipe ideas.

Happy Tempehing!

Thanks, 
Danie

No comments:

Post a Comment